How Can I Help? 18% Of U.S. Adults Lives With An Anxiety Disorder
You can help yourself, your friends, family, co-workers and neighbors that are living with an anxiety disorder by:
- Recognizing the signs and symptoms of an anxiety disorder
- Listening non- judgementally
- Recognizing the signs and symptoms of a panic attack and become knowledgeable about how to provide effective support during that crisis
- Share proven, practical and effective self help strategies with the individual
- Share local and national resources for professional support when needed
Pictured above are participants in a recent Mental Health First Aid training collaborating to depict what they felt describes the experience of anxiety. They went on to learn how they can offer practical support to others living with an anxiety disorder.